Friday, May 25, 2012

Desert Shade

 This was the biggest shade from trees, in the morning
we still had shade from the rocks at few places, 
one of those we sat down, opposite this broom tree


The broom tree is the shade tree of the desert
just enough to get a bit of shade, mostly your head

 The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;


When water runs through this wadi it is in the form of a flood
It takes out the pavement by the hotel on the dead sea

every year shepherds get lost in a flood
some they never find back


These are the tufts of grass the sheep eat
we saw droppings but were to late to see the flock
These are the green pastures of Psalm 23:

 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.      
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,      
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake. Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.  
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


Some of my thoughts:
Desert is....
hot
intense
relentless
beauty
surprising
rocks
flowers
dry


Live is a desert ands
the desert is God's land

Pray for feet for the path
follow the shepherd, he knows where there is enough feed 

You shall love the LORD your God with all your 
heart (that's what makes decisions), 
soul (desire to live) and 
mind (strength, power)


It's not easy hiking in the desert, lots of rocks

 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
    with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

The bible is filled with desert images 
as you see, honey comes from the rock

No comments: