Monday, May 28, 2012

Hike Dudim Cave

 Just to show how we hiked

 hugging the side on a mountain

 in ancient times they would call this a road

Road Sign


 helping each other



King David hid in one of these caves 
when he was running away from King Saul

 From there David went up and lived in the strongholds of ‘Ein-Gedi



we reviewed the story that David 
cut the corner from Saul's robe 

 along the way was a cave, and Sha’ul went inside to relieve himself. It happened that David and his men were sitting in the recesses at the back of the cave

 Then David stole over unobserved and cut off the corner of Sha’ul’s cloak

Boukje & Laurens

 The teaching about the corner of the robe
the cutting off of the tzittzit

and the wings of protection

How precious, God, is your grace!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings,


and healing in his wings
 But to you who fear my name,
the sun of righteousness will rise
with healing in its wings;
 back for lunch

 this was very tiring, waiting for our turn to go down

 another hike, another wadi, same general area

 cooling our heads

we were asked to think about 
"what drives you"

I had to say that currently Marc was a big drive
I want to be a good example for him
to follow and to guide
maybe that's why it was easy for me to get my feet wet

 on this hike I ran in a wall
Lori gave me electrolytes and I went on again


this was a day of difficult hikes


At the end of the hike was a waterfall

 we were supposed to go and stand under it, like Andy here


 Lori coached Margaret to go under
I needed coaching too, I was totally done


Jo

Marc was already dry again
He walked back with me as support
he carried my camera 

 one more stop at the En Gedi synagogue

 thankfully, it was very close to the bus


I think we hiked all the hikes on this map
at least it felled like it.

Morning Devos was "give it your all"
I guess I did


We aired our our shoes on the ridge outside our hotel room

 I liked the elevators

The Daniel, tomorrow a traveling day


No comments: