Friday, November 2, 2007

Tabgha


In Tabgha, on the sea of Galilee, they remember the miraculous feeding with the loves and the fishes.

Reading from the gospels: the people looked like sheep without a shepherd, he told them to sit down, lots of green grass in the area (close to Tiberius), He broke bread and set it before the people, twelve baskets of leftovers.

Faith Lesson (taught by Ben):
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
[Jesus shepherding and providing]
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
[had the men sit down and there was much grass in that place (John 6:10)]
he leads me beside quiet waters,
[lake of Galilee]
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
[Tiberius in the valley – Roman garrison stationed there]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
[feeds the five thousand bread and fish]
in the presence of my enemies.
[Roman occupation]
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
[12 baskets of leftovers]
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
Jesus is our shepherd

No comments: